Missed out and still want to participate? Email Mr. B.
All auditioning students should attend:
- Monday evening, 5/22, from 630-830 in the BHS choir room. We will go over the information packets and teach the dance portion of the audition. We will also video record the audition dance for students to use in practice.
- Saturday morning, 5/27 from 9-12 (times flexible) in the BHS Choir room. Students will all be called at 9 AM and will demonstrate the dance they learned on Monday. They will be evaluated in small groups. Some students may be given direction/suggestions and some time to work on it and then be asked to perform again. As soon as we have seen what we need to see from a student they will be released. If we have about as many students auditioning as we have in the past, it should only take about 2 hours, but please keep your schedule free until noon if possible, just in case.
- A 5-minute vocal appointment: The vocal auditions will be video recorded for Miss O'Neill and Mr. Barsch to review. Students (one at a time) will sing Major/Minor Triads and Major/Minor Scales, then a song of their choice (without accompaniment). Note that students need only take one 5-minute time slot for the vocal portion. Time slots are available on the following days:
- Monday, 5/15: 245-415 pm
- Tuesday, 5/16: 245-5 pm
- Friday, 5/19: 245-415 pm
- Monday, 5/22: 245-415 pm
- Tuesday, 5/23: 245-5 pm (at RMS)
- Thursday, 5/25: 245-415 pm
These will be held in the BHS choir room, except Tuesday, 5/23, which will be held in the RMS choir room.
Sign up for your time slot by going to this webpage. Select your time slot, and it will automatically be added to your Google Calendar. RMS students are welcome to do their vocal audition at BHS if you would prefer.
Email Mr. Barsch if you have any questions at all, or have any trouble with the online sign-up. We'd love to hear from you!
Melissa O'Neill, BHS Show Choir Director
Peter Barsch, BHS Choir Director