We don't have 'auditions', per se. I make placements based on what I have seen from the students over the course of the year. Students who wish for higher choirs can always do more advanced music theory or sight-reading over the next school year. That often lets me know who is really trying to get even better, and who is content to just enjoy a less challenging class where they can make music! In the few instances where I need additional information before making a decision, I have asked those students to individually complete additional work for me.
The 2021-22 choirs will be:
Varied ability levels:
- Chorale (students grades 9-11, only Soprano or Alto)
- Mixed Chorale (9-12 grades, any voice range)
- Varsity (10-12 grades), during 2021-22, this group will only be Sopranos & Altos.
- Treble Choir (Students 10-12, only Soprano or Alto)
- Chamber Singers (Students 10-12, any voice range