This year was incredibly special for me, and I am so honored to be able to work with amazing students, with amazing colleagues, and in an amazing program. I'm honored, too, that I have been re-hired! I'm so excited for the future of BHS choir!
On Tuesday evening, the school board approved our 2016-17 tour! More details will be coming soon, but I can now announce the destination!
- We'll have a chance to perform in "Festival Disney", where we can perform for tremendous clinicians and compete against the best choirs in the country!
- We'll take part in the "Disney Sings" performing arts workshop, where students will get to record an excerpt from a Disney animated feature film's soundtrack and learn audition skills, vocal techniques and more under the guidance of a professional Disney vocalist.
- We'll visit the Disney World parks and Universal Studios, home of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
- Full details (including pricing information) will be posted soon, and you won't need to commit to anything until September 16 when the initial deposit will be due.
- This trip will be available to any student enrolled in BHS choir classes during the 2016-17 school year. Tell your friends!
- We will need a few parent chaperones to travel with us. Please think about joining us!
Interested in becoming a better sightreader on voice, piano, or any other instrument? Your SightReadingFactory.com login will continue to work all summer. Try it on another instrument or see if you can get yourself up a level over the summer! I'm happy to help; email me with any questions.
I'm so proud of our students' progress this year. Here are some final numbers:
- Our 9th graders started the year at a 1.47 average difficulty, and ended at a 2.39 (and averaged a 98% accuracy).
- Varsity started the year at a 1.07 average difficulty, and ended at a 2.24 (and averaged a 97% accuracy).
- Treble Choir started the year at a 1.43 average difficulty, and ended at a 3.00 (and averaged a 99% accuracy).
- Chamber Singers started the year at a 1.70 average difficulty, and ended at a 4.38 (and averaged a 99% accuracy).
- Cumulatively, BHS Choir started the year at a 1.27 average difficulty, and ended at a 2.83 (and averaged a 98% accuracy).
You can drop it off at the BHS office with my name on it and I'll get it. No questions asked!
HOST FAMILIES NEEDED FOR THREE DAY VISIT!
Oberstufenchor des Johanneum zu Luebeck (Choir) from Luebeck, GERMANY
54 members (ages 15-18 and staff)
HOST FAMILIES NEEDED! This is a wonderful way to
have an Exchange experience in your own community!
Dear Blue Lake Families from Illinois:
I am writing you today to let you know about a unique hosting experience that is available to you.
As part of our International Exchange Program, the Oberstufenchor des Johanneum zu Luebeck will be touring Illinois and Michigan this summer. They will visit five different communities, and perform in each location.
We are pleased to report that the choir will be hosted in the Batavia, Illinois area and will perform at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Geneva, Illinois (See Schedule below).
We are helping our local chairlady in Batavia, Kellie Tratar, identify families that might be interested in hosting a member or two of this outstanding young German Choir. The commitment would entail providing room and board for three nights, bringing the student(s) to rehearsal and performance in Geneva, and making the guest part of your family for these few days.
If you live in the vicinity and should be interested in taking part in this hosting experience, please respond to this email, or call me at the Blue Lake International Office 1-231-894-1966 ext. 200. Alternatively, you can be in touch with Kellie Tratar email@example.com or phone Cell # 630-220-1465. We’d love to hear from you.
Thanking you in advance for your consideration!
Sandy Sheroky, Secretary
Blue Lake International Exchange Program
SCHEDULE FOR VISIT OF LUEBECK CHOIR
Monday, July 18
5 p.m. Bus arrive at Batavia Middle School, 1501 S. Raddant Rd., Batavia, IL 60510. Group members meet and go home with host families.
Tuesday, July 19 FREE DAY WITH HOST FAMILIES
Wednesday, July 20 Morning Free with Host Families
3:30pm Rehearsal at St. Mark’s Church (host family provide transportation to church)
5:30pm Dinner provided at church for group members
7:00pm Performance at St. Mark’s Church (host families attend)
Following performance – home with host families.
Thursday, July 21
10:00am Host families bring guest to Batavia Middle School lot to meet bus
(provide sack lunch for bus trip)
10:45am Group departs for Grand Rapids, Michigan
Thank you for your consideration! We hope you will become part of this cultural experience!