- Here's this week's newsletter. Key points and new information are in bold type.
A link to each post will be sent through the choir Twitter and Facebook accounts, to whatever parent emails I have on file, and to the students through Google Classroom.
The beginning section will always be about curricular choir and the following information will pertain to the extracurricular activities, so you only need to read what applies to your student. The most updated and comprehensive calendar is always on bataviamusic.org.
- Curricular Choir:
- What a great first semester for me at BHS! Students were wonderful, parents were helpful, colleagues were supportive; I couldn't have asked for more!
- The first semester is in the books! (pretty much). Tests are in and graded except for a couple students who have missed due to illness, and a couple who are in more than one music class. The students stepped up for the aural final, with an 86% average score. The final exam grade is made of two parts, the aural test and an average GLE score.
- We had such tremendous performances at Kaleidoscope and Festival of Carols! I'm so proud of everyone's hard work. It all paid off!
- Please see the slideshow at the top of the page for some photos. If you have more, I'd love to see them! Usually I'm too busy at these concerts to take pictures!
Save the Date! The Batavia Music Buffs presents "A Night at the Grammys", this year's Gala event.
- In its 7th year, the Annual Gala serves as a significant music booster event that raises funds to support the Batavia Music Programs.
- This year’s theme centers on Batavia High School, recognized for the 3rd straight year as a Grammy Signature School Semi-finalist!
- Have an enjoyable evening out while continuing to support our excellent Music Education programs - with a plated dinner, live music, dancing, raffles, auctions and much more!
- Watch the Buffs website for more Gala details as they become available at bataviamusicbuffs.org.
- It takes over 50 volunteers to make this event a reality, so we'd love to have your help!
I will be point of contact for the Annual Gala fundraiser raffle basket for Chamber Choir. As you know, this year's theme is "A Night at the Grammy's". Our group's basket is entitled "Goodies at the Grammy's - Hors d'oeuvres to desserts!"
This could include everything and anything associated with appetizers and desserts: actual food donations i.e cheeses, crackers, olives, dip mixes, spreads, sausages, jars of bruschetta and pesto, nuts, cookies, chocolates, candies, just about anything you can munch on to skewers, cheese trays, tiered serving plates, dip bowls, appetizer plates, dessert mini tins/cups, napkins, cheese knives, toothpicks, recipes, spices etc...etc...
If you would like to make a monetary donation, instead, that would be great, too!!
Everything and anything is greatly appreciated.
World Market in St.Charles on Kirk Rd and Rte. 64, Homegoods and Marshalls on Randall Rd and Trader Joe's all have lots of stuff to choose from! Of course, there are the various chocolatiers in the area, as well.
You can send your donation to school in a bag marked "Laura Hix - Raffle" or drop it off at my home. I live just a few blocks from the high school at 337 Taubert Ave. I am sandwiched between McKee, Western Ave. and Mill Street. You can access Taubert Ave. from McKee via Holter which gets you into the subdivision. My phone number is 630-761-8277. I am home after 5:15 pm during the week.
Thank you so very much for your generosity!
- Showchoir rehearsals are underway! The most updated and comprehensive calendar is always on bataviamusic.org. Just select the groups you are interested in, and you'll see their rehearsal and performance schedule. If you find what you believe to be an error or discrepancy, please bring it to my attention!
- We had a Parents' Meeting about Show Choir in the choir room on Thursday, 10/8. Here is the Powerpoint from that evening.
- Please get those participation fees in. Note that the $135 building fee is assessed through Powerschool. None of that money goes toward the Showchoir itself; it goes to pay for the facility, lights, heat, etc. The $300 fee is how we pay for the music, choreography, costuming, etc. To pay this, please enclose a check to Batavia High School in a labeled envelope. Have your student drop it into the black lock-box in the choir room. The fee was due by the start of rehearsals on November 9. Any show choir student who has not paid the fee by the first competition will not be allowed to compete. For information about the BPS101 fee waiver policy, please see this page.
- Volunteer sign-ups for Show Choir will be set up on www.BataviaMusicBuffs.org soon.
- Tuesday, February 23: BHS Music Festival Concert 1 (Chorale & Alpha)
- Wednesday, February 24: BHS Music Festival Concert 2 (Treble & Varsity)
- Thursday, February 25: BHS Music Festival Concert 3 (Chamber)
- Tuesday, May 3: Spring Choir Concert (Please note this change)
- Tuesday, May 17: Music Senior Awards night (Please note this change)
- Other Important Dates:
- Wednesday, March 2: Showtime!
- March 7-11 Curricular Choir Placement Auditions