- All teachers will be taking attendance each day for each class. Each student must login to the choir class Google Meet (video call) during the block during the scheduled day.
- I will usually only have 20-30 minutes of Google Meet time, followed by other activities which may include small-group Google Meets or other activities that I assign. Our Google Meet will usually be at the beginning of our scheduled block.
- Please use the Google Meet link found in the Google Classroom header for each class period.
- If possible, be in a location with strong WIFI or wired internet connection. Try to be somewhere private in case you need to sing. Headphones are recommended.
- If you cannot be in the Google Meet for any reason, please change your availability in this Classroom assignment to No or Maybe and send me an email. You can leave a note on your Calendar reply, but please bear in mind that those notes are not private so everyone in class will see the note you write.
All of us remember how remote learning worked last year in regards to attendance. This year, our school district has enacted some other guidelines for our classes regarding attendance. You must follow your class schedule online.
This year, we are using MusicFirst, an online music suite of programs where you will submit assignments each day and can use to help increase your musical knowledge. These programs are included in your course fees and will have no additional costs. They include:
MusicFirst will track individual assignments so you can always see your current progress. Every two weeks, I will update PowerSchool. If you are concerned about what's showing up in PowerSchool, make sure any past due work is turned in before every two-week update.
We will be remote learning for an indeterminate period of time. As such, we need students to be present in their digital learning. Here’s what you can do:
Making Music at Home
PARENTS: It can be terrifying to sing or play instruments in front of your family, especially when you are just learning a new piece or technique. Your students will have to sing for our class, but I am sensitive to their desire to try to sing PRIVATELY.
Here’s how you can help:
The Latest News from BHS Choir
Contact: email@example.com with any questions