Chesterton High School Show Choir
Trojan Classic 2019
Attendance will be taken at 6:16 am on Saturday Morning. (2/16/19) All students need to be in the choir room at that time.
We will need to leave by 6:35 am.
The Solo Competition singers will perform from 8:25-9:30 am.
Legacy will go to warm-up at 10:30 am and will take the stage at 11:09 am.
Swingsingers will go to warm-up at 4:30 pm and will take the stage at 4:55 pm.
Preliminary competition will conclude by 6:45 pm and the Preliminary Awards will be held from about 6:45-7 pm. If we make finals, there will be a dinner break followed by Finalist performances from 8:15-11 pm. Final Awards are scheduled for 11:15 pm.
If we do not make finals, we will leave after the Preliminary Awards at around 7:15 pm. We anticipate making it back to BHS around 8:45 pm.
If either group makes finals, we will all stay until the end of the Final Awards. We anticipate making it back to BHS around 1:30 am. Calls will be made when we are 1/2 hour out from home. Rides should be there to take students once we have stowed our equipment at home. All students stay until released.
Chesterton High School is located at: 2125 South 11th Street Chesterton, IN 46304. Note: This is still in the Central Time Zone.
The following info is from 2018. I will update it if I learn that anything has changed.
For any parents/siblings/family members interested in attending, please note the following info:
- Chesterton High School is located at 2125 South 11th Street, Chesterton, IN 46304.
- Spectators and visitors should park in the parking lots located on the West Side and North Side of the School, nearest the Main Entrance and Football field. Spectators will be able to enter at the Main Entrance to the School – Entrance #1, as well as Entrance #34. Chesterton High School is fully-accessible to the handicapped.
- Admission prices are as follows: $10 for preliminary competition; $10 for Finals competition; $15 for an all-day pass. No cost for children 5 and under. Cash, check (payable to CHS Music), or credit card will be accepted.
- VIDEO: CHS strictly prohibits the use of personal video cameras, recording devices, and any personal flash photography in the Auditorium. There will be a Live Stream link available. You will be allowed to videotape in the Solo Competition performance room.
- PROGRAMS/SOUVENIRS: There will be souvenir programs available for purchase at the main entrance for $3.00. Also, CHS will be selling commemorative apparel.
- CAFETERIA: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, as well as snack items, coffees and smoothies will be served throughout the day. Here is a Menu from 2016 with prices.
- AUDIENCE SEATING/PERFORMANCE VENUE RULES
- The first two rows of seats are reserved for the fans of the current performing group. CHS asks that after they perform, your supporters vacate those seats so that the next group’s fans may sit down.
- There is absolutely NO food or drink allowed in the Auditorium. Water Bottles are acceptable.
- During each performance you will not be allowed to enter or exit the Auditorium.
- You must wait until the end of the current performance before the doors will be opened. All spectators will enter the Auditorium on the right and exit on the left to avoid any congestion.
- It is important that you TURN OFF all cell phones and any other electronic devices. These devices interfere with the sound systems, even if they are turned to vibrate, so please turn all electronic devices completely off upon entering the performance space.
- Chesterton High School is a smoke-free campus.
Student Dress Code:
- Attire for the competition is business casual. All school dress codes apply. Please do not wear jeans or sneakers. Please do not wear clothing with holes in it. Please do not wear anything inappropriate. Make sure you are wearing shoes you will be comfortable walking around in all day.
- HAIR AND MAKE-UP
- Often, students will arrive to BHS with their hair still in curlers/pin curls, put their makeup on during the bus ride, and then use the time at school to get their hair put together and their costume on. If that will work for you, feel free. But please make sure you will be ready to go by the time listed above so that we can talk through some notes before we go to warm-up
- WHAT TO BRING
- All costume pieces
- Any hair supplies or makeup necessary
- Pillow/blanket for on the bus
- Money for food – concessions will be available to the students all day
- WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Anything valuable that you don’t want to lose – homerooms will be locked when we’re not in them, but there’s no reason to bring anything to entertain yourself. There’s going to be show choir happening all day!
Don’t hesitate to email with any questions: